Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Visual Thinking

Alden
The first puzzle involved pattern perception where we had to find as many triangles as we can whether it be small or large. According to the McKim reading, "This operation is extremely common and is fundamental to all thinking." It's fundamental because we use our searching capabilities everyday in our busy lives. When I told Alden what she had to do, there was a goal in mind. For this puzzle, she dissected the counting of triangles by color and how many made up the triangles, to solve the puzzle.
Alden

According the McKim reading, "Motion in visual-spatial operations is likely effected by kinesthetic (muscle) imagery." McKim then goes on to say that we would have to imagine the puzzle almost as a 3-D object to find the interlinked hearts. This was true because my friend and I had to imagine it as an actual object to solve the puzzle. We actually had the same goal in mind by picking at the hearts and see which were actually interlinked. This made solving the puzzle easy, because we just had to find which heart overlapped each other.

 Willie
For this puzzle, I actually dissected each triangle as opposed to Alden. I outlined each triangle and then multiplied each of them to get my answer. As I discussed earlier, in the McKim reading, Alden and I used the finding technique in figure 2.2. We took common principals, applied it to the puzzle and made sure we counted every triangle. 
Willie
This was the same concept as Alden. All I did was find the overlapped hearts and see which ones are interlinked. This was a pretty simple puzzle. For this puzzle, I related it to McKim's, "2-11/Knots." Again, imagery in three-dimensional is important for this puzzle because it helps identify which hearts are actually interlinked.

No comments:

Post a Comment